Soulforce is a 25-year-old LGBTQI organization that sabotages white Christian Supremacy through radical analysis, spiritual healing, and strategic direct action. This position description details the responsibilities and duties of a part-time Communications Wrangler who will support our digital communications strategy and digital community building. Our working languages are English and Spanish.
- Organize our social media content calendar for @soulforceorg (English) and @teosinverguenza (Spanish)
- Manage content assignment tracker and tracking assignment progress daily (US team & Latinoamérica team)
- Support production of content, graphics, and posts for social media (English and Spanish)
- Translate/adapt Spanish-language content for English audiences and vice versa (as needed)
- Publish content to their respective platforms using scheduling platform
- Support production of our monthly e-newsletter
Compensation & Expectations:
Approximately 20 hours per week, $1,250-$1,550 USD per month, applicants are welcome to apply from anywhere that has sufficient internet to work via video calls. (Soulforce does not provide technology or equipment support.)
Positive attitude, team orientation, excellent communication skills.
Must be extremely detail oriented and highly organized!
Must have computer, stable internet connection, and cell phone with WhatApp (work communications primarily done over Zoom and WhatsApp)
Must be able to communicate and take notes during English-only and Spanish-only meetings weekly.
Must have some experience in managing multiple social media platforms.
Our platforms are Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Other support platforms include Canva, Asana, Google Docs/Sheets, and Hootsuite. Experience in these platforms is a plus.
People who are Black, Afrodescendent, Indigenous, Latinx, LGBTQI, and/or hold other marginalized experiences are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter (in English) no later than Friday, October 21st. This is a quick hiring process, and applications will be reviewed IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY ARE RECEIVED. Don’t wait, get your application in now.